Thursday, June 12, 2008

Education, Money, and Love

There are so many things in life that make us who we are and who we become. This all goes back to the popular nature versus nurture question. Nature defines us from the time we are born and nurture develops as we grow older. Many of you read my previous blog that dealt with education and money. Most of you agree with me, however I still had those who were unclear of the statement I was making. We attend college to educate ourselves. Through this education, we go out and obtain a job in which we utilize the skills we learn. My point was why do we need a piece of paper to show that we can do the job? What if we could have the same education without the degree? Would he or she be any less suitable for the job? Of course not! They both are capable of getting the job done. I’m not saying the education should be free. Nothing is free. Karma will always be around. When I’m getting an education, I much rather return the favor by tutoring students who are in need of help. A teacher helping me in an area of study and I help a student in an area of study. This is the way the world was originally set up. I haven’t lost the original beat of the drum. Over the many years, society has molded our minds into a certain way of thinking… mostly that everything is based off of money. It’s individualists like myself who really see through that and enjoy the way Mother Nature gave us the world. I love what I do, which is helping people with disabilities and tutoring students in mathematics. Knowing I’m contributing to improve the world is one of the greatest gifts.

Can we apply the same rule to other aspects to our lives? I don’t see why not. What about love? Has society morphed our minds so much that when we are in love, we need a ring and a piece of paper to show it? No! I can even back this up with something simple as buying a card. Why has our society become so materialistic? Sure, it’s the thought that counts but can’t we use Mother Nature’s beauty to show it, such as a flower? There are so many ways that Mother Nature has given us to express our love for one another. Why can’t we use one of them? Love is nature’s greatest gift. I’m glad I found it.

RJ

No comments: