Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What is an Individualist?

Previously, I have discussed different philosophies and my personal philosophy; however I have yet to discuss or even define what actually is an Individualist. The next paragraph describes my philosophy of what is an Individualist.

Individualists are leaders. Individualists embrace their own thoughts, ideas, concepts, and beliefs, and defend their right to express their individuality. Individualists do not persuade in any way, shape, or form their lifestyle on others; however, they may influence and educate others by their words or actions reflecting their lifestyle. Individualists, even though may not all agree on a particular subject, may assemble as a group to protect their right for the expression of their individuality against others who may consider Individualists are a minority who must follow standards set by the majority of society, to achieve the goal of individualism rather than conforming to the philosophy of any individual or group specifically.

Does anyone agree or have any comments?

RJ

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I totally agree with you. I like to think of myself as an individualist. It's hard to not be influenced by others though. But, most of the time I don't follow the crowd or do things just to fit in. I've always thought of myself as somewhat of a dork, but I don't think of that as being bad. You are definitely an individualist and that's what I love about you!